The publication process is often complex and constantly evolving. Researchers have many opportunities to publish and make their work visible, but they also have obligations and rights to consider.
Traditional publishing models may require the signing over of author’s rights to the publisher. Authors could lose the right to use their work in future research, share work freely with others, deposit it in repositories, or post it to their personal website. Being informed is necessary for scholars to retain control over their work.
IMT library offers to its scientific community support and useful information to:
- Identifying and choosing the right journal for your publication;
- Understand differences between traditional publishing models and open access;
- Understand Italian copyright law and how it’s possible to retain your sights by negotiating contracts with publishers;
- Learn strategies to promote and maximize the visibility of your work.
Download our brochure “Give value to your research” and contact us for an appointment.
- Choose the right journal: Think.Check.Submit.
- Archive of publishers’ copyright policies: SHERPA RoMEO
- Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing - OASPA